Join in a mesmerising interactive session that reveals the wonders of the Cosmos and the far reaches of Outer Space. Delivered by an experienced physics communicator and busker, astrophysicist Dr Liz Conlon shares her extensive knowledge and passion about the Universe in a fun and illuminating manner.
Moving Through the Cosmos includes the following:
- Outer Space Mindfulness – floating and star fields incorporating mindful breathing
- Our Place in Space – get to know the (cuddly) planets and stars
- Kinaesthetic Orbits – including Birthday Milestones and Seasons
- Light Beams/ Rainbow Sprites – including lighting up the Electron Stick and takeaway Peepholes
- Be an Astronaut – floating and Earth jewel, blow-up marshmallows
Participants leave the session with a new/renewed perception and appreciation of the Cosmos and the positive connection that we humans can have with it. Liz encourages all the participants to renew this mindful connection every morning and night, to enhance personal well-being.
Moving Through the Cosmos has been performed for ages 6 months to 90 years, across a variety of communication abilities. Liz is a qualified YogaBugs teacher and incorporates mindfulness and well-being into all her physics sessions. She brings along a wide array of Space toys and books to display.
All Dates & Locations
Portglenone Library at 10:30am
Bangor Carnegie Library at 10:30am
Carrickfergus Library at 10:30 am
Omagh Library at 10:30am
Newry City Library at 10:00am