With nothing but the light of your torch and our leaders to guide you, this peaceful walk lets your senses roam, the feel of the breeze on your face, the sound of the nearby river in your ears.
Meeting at OTT carpark, after around 30 minutes of gentle hiking we reach our destination, where you listen to our guides tell fascinating stories of times gone by; how the ancient Greeks cast their Gods to the heavens to live there forever, or the ancient Irish legend of the Brú na Bóinne and the connections between the famous River Boyne passage tombs and the night sky above us.
Later, our guides move to the modern age, the age of astronomy and science, and tell you of wonders of the night sky as seen through the eyes of humans today.
We'll also show you some mobile phone apps in order to give you something to take away from the event, so that you can keep on learning about the night sky for years to come.
If you have a moderate level of fitness, a passion for stories, the mountains and star gazing, and you have appropriate clothing to be outside for a couple of hours at night in the hills, then get you and your friends / family booked on to this fantastic evening which lets the imagination roam and re-connects you with the natural world around us.
• Fully qualified and experienced Mountain Leaders to guide you safely
• Stories under the stars
• Insurance cover
What To Bring
• A completed Health Declaration & Registration Form
• Any medication you may need
• Good hiking boots that are well broken in
• Map and compass if you have them
• A rucksack with waterproof liner
• Head torch with spare batteries
• Emergency bivvy / survival blanket - the orange plastic sheeting with foil blanket inside
• Fully charged mobile
• Water proof jacket and trousers
• Additional warm layers for emergency (down jacket for example)
• Lots of light top layers
• Hat and gloves
• Food and water
• Flask of hot drink - optional but awesome
Prior to coming, all participants must fill in a Registration Form and Coivd questionnaire. If you exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19, you must not come to the event.
Should government restrictions come into effect on the date of the course which would prevent us from running the activity, we will offer alternative dates on which to take part in the activity, or a credit note to the value of the missed activity, which can be used against any of our services or events.