View our previous festival websites
After 30 years in a career working in laboratories discovering treatments for HIV, influenza and cancer, Ric Dyer had a desire to break away. He developed his own unique scientific techniques to produce a gin like no other. One of these is cold distillation, which allows distilling at room temperature and the second is microwave extraction – a technique used by the perfumery industry to extract aromas. There is no other gin distiller in the world who adopts this approach to making gin.
We invite you to join us at the distillery with a difference to experience these award-winning spirits for yourself and take you on a tour of the production methods used behind the scenes.
· A Tour of the Distillery and a Demonstration in the Laboratory
· Scientific experiment by Dr.Ric Dyer
· Sampling of our full spirits range including the unique Apple Gin made from Armagh Bramley Apples and Symphonia’s Dry Gin & Tonic (recently voted best gin in Ireland at the Irish Gin Awards 2019)
· Finish up with a Scientific Symphonia cocktail
· Take home a gift bottle of your favourite Symphonia Spirit to enjoy
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic situation we have a few important requests for you to ensure that the event is safe for everyone attending or facilitating.
If you or anyone in your household are suffering from a temperature, a persistent cough, or a loss of taste or smell - DO NOT ATTEND (unless you have prior permission from us after providing a negative COVID-19 test result). It is your responsibility to let the organiser know that you can no longer attend the event. Refunds can be facilitated and the space made available for another only if the participant contacts the organiser 48hrs ahead of the event.
Please arrive at the stipulated meeting point 15 minutes before departure. It is a small group, but please be patient and maintain a 2 meter distance from other people/groups when you arrive.
When you arrive on site, please:
• Use your own personal hand sanitiser or hand sanitiser provided by the event facilitator
• Provide the festival representative with a name and phone number.
• If inside at any point please wear a mask AT ALL TIMES.
We look forward to seeing you there.